Thursday, January 29, 2009

Extreme Mustang Challenge

Today I had some other thoughts on my injection of inspiration to share with all of you but I have decided to share in my excitment of being accepted for the Extreme Mustang Challenge.

The purpose of the Norco Extreme Mustang Trail Challenge is to showcase the beauty, versatility, and trainability of the unique breed of horse we know as the American Mustang.

Thirty Six trainers were selected from numerous exceptional applicants to pick up a wild Nevada Mustang in February and return to Norco, Ca in less than 100 days to compete for $10,000 in prize money.

The Mustang Heritage Foundation, through events like this, seeks to: 1. Highlight the importance of preserving these iconic symbols of our western heritage; and 2. Involve the public in that effort by promoting mustang adoption through the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM)

I will be picking up my mustang on Feb 13th for the fun to begin! The competition will be held May 15-17, 2009 in Norco, Calif. I will update you after pickin up my mustang with pictures and more info.

We will be having a name the Mustang game with more details to come soon. Sooooo start thinking of name for this lucky guy/gal who I will get to play with for 100 days.

1 comment:

  1. This is EXCITING! You'll be accomplishing several things--getting UAWR's name out in the public forum (free advertising, so to speak) and working on accomplishing the goals of the contest AND showing off your training skill. Excellent.

    I'm looking forward to reading about your Mustang adventure ;o)

    ReplyDelete