Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our Fun on the Weekend - March 14th

Well this weekend was birthday weekend. The first and most fun of the weekend is of course the bounce house. We had about 20 kids over to enjoy the bounce house and what a great time they had. Only 2 adult actually made it into the bounce house up the ladder and down the slide and of course I was the FIRST one.... ha ha yes I am just a big kid and enjoyed every minute of it. Every time we have a bounce house my rule has always been the first adult in the bounce house gets 10 bucks and you know I don't rush to get in there but I seem to always be the first one so I have yet to pay out my 10 bucks to anyone.... Thank you to Extreme Jumps (760) 900-1141 once again for providing all the fun.
The wind then picked up quite nicely as we can always expect late afternoon in the high desert and we broke out the kites..... these were not just any kites they were cool dragon kites. Anyway I did not get up close pics of the kites silly me but do have one of them up in the air... you have to look very very close but you can see 3 little dots in the sky and those are the 3 kites the kids were flying.

Here is a picture of the cake for the girls that we all enjoyed soooo much...gotta LOVE Birthday cake who doesn't.

Then I saved the best part of the day for last. As I have talked about before many times to most of those who know me and I think even on the blog here my ULTIMATE DREAM and passion is Therapeutic Riding and I continue to say one day I will have the funds in order to pursue that dream and I really hope it comes soon!!! Anyway, the part I ALWAYS love is Micah and Emmie together. Micah is an Arabian gelding who was purchased several years ago at Mike's auction where we bid again the meat man in order to secure his future to a good home. his original intention was not for therapy riding but just as a trail horse but he has evolved into much more then a trail horse. Micah is the perfect gentleman and you can watch every step is carefully calculated in order to keep Emmie safe. Emmie has Cerebral Palsy and riding for her is an excellent form of therapy as is the case for most CP kids and adults. Not only is it great therapy for her muscles and body but also for her mind, spirit, and confidence. It is amazing that EVERY single time I see her mount up on that horse it literally brings me to tears and all I can think of is "THAT is what its all about", my dream, my passion, my desire...... here I get teary eyed just thinking about it and tell you all about it..... Here is a picture below which is not that great but it still shows you a small piece of my heart and where it is at. So one day I KNOW it WILL happen in God's time........

THIS is what life is all about!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think one of the most rewarding parts of horses and riding is the Therapeutic Riding Program, so I know where you're coming from when you talk about it being your passion. I think it would be wonderful if UAWR were a facility for such a program, and I know you're familiar with the national group (can't remember the name exactly, but it's something NAHRC).

    What a good thing that would be for EVERYONE. It's not just children that benefit from these sorts of physical activities, either. Adults who have suffered strokes also have become involved in the TR program and do very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there is a national program it is NARHA you were close lol.... I am looking to get my certification thru them but so far I have not been able to get the funds together but it will come... I am sure it is ment to be so I am sure things will all fall into place.

    ReplyDelete