Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yard Sale - March 7th

We had another yard sale on March 7th and 8th and it was a success once again. Thank you to all who donated to help make this happen. To those of you who are coming out to the sales thank you also for coming out and supporting UAWR. Remember to all that we are getting new items all the time so if we did not have what you are looking for this time then please check back with us. Also, just an FYI to all I am told that I have a large donation coming of horse items, I don't know yet what we have but there is alot of tack coming. I also have a donation of more furniture and other large items coming. Then if anyone has a queen sized bed we have a beautiful headboard with shelves that was hand made and is beautiful!!!!!!

I thought I would throw some cute pics of the last yard sale. After a long weekend Sunday evening we ran and got some pizza for dinner for us all to eat and well only horse people would come up with saddle chairs...lol sooo as you can see we had packed away all the chairs and we had to make do for chairs to eat but hey you know what it all worked out great we enjoyed our pizza then finished packin up and headed for home.




Speaking of our next sale is March 28th & 29th but if you are coming shopping on the 28th we will only be open until noon as we have a birthday to celebrate elsewhere but we will be there all day Sunday for you to shop too. I am thinking we will also be out there the weekend after that which is April 4th & 5th also.

I NEEEEDDDDD volunteers desperately!!!! I just need people to come out Saturday morning the 28th to help set up everything and then more people to help pack up at the end of the weekend. This process I have been doing alone and it taking me several hours (4 hours minimum) and at our last sale I was not even able to get everything out that we had for sale. So I feel we could be much more successful with the yard sales if we had all the items out for viewing by the customers. The more items we have out to sell the more funds we can raise for the horses. You would not need to stay all day long just a couple hours in the morning and couple hours at the end to help put everything away.



I hope to see some of you out there on the 28th. Thank you and if you would like to volunteer with UAWR please see our volunteer website at http://www.angels.uawr.com/ for more info.














No comments:

Post a Comment