Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mustang Mare Day 2

OK so first off we need to get this girl a name... Second I want to say THANK YOU to Danny who pushed me to take this adventure on... I was not going to do this and he pushed me to "Go for IT!!" soooo here we are and WOOOOW what fun I am having.... Sooo with that said I think I am going to hand the job of naming this mare off to him.... lol

So I worked with her this morning and she did quite well... she is a quick learner and responds to the Natural Horsemanship wonderfully. But, then again Natural Horsemanship is just that Natural and working with what nature has taught them in order to get the desired results. Imagine that and this stuff works.... lol

I got an email last night where someone told be that I had a fresh canvas to Paint WOOOOWWWW when you really think about that how amazing is that...??? I LOVE that and paint away I will, it is always wonderful to take a clean canvas and paint anything I desire onto that canvas rather then trying to undo the bad and the other things that humans have done to these poor horses. Especially the mustangs they tend to be the most misunderstood horses of them all. I have not taken a completly wild one front start to finish in quite sometime and I am remembering why I LOVE to do it....Uh oh is Ridgecrest BLM facility going to be my home away from home...????

I then worked with her again this afternoon and WOW how wonderful did that go. I have already gotten her to the point that she will lead and not perfect but does give and lead around the round pen. She will allow me to touch her nose and will eat hay and carrots out of my hand. The carrot was a riot she takes the smallest most dainty bits ever she is alllllllllll girl that is for sure..... The part I was really hoping would not happen... well it happened today I am falling in LOVE with this sweet girl and the though of having to give her up and the end of this all in May just breaks my heart. I will however keep moving forward with her and allow my emotions and all of that to be handled by the Lord. She truly is a special girl though and even after a day I can see that someone is going to have a great horse in their hands on May 17th.

Enjoy the pics and video and I will keep updating everyone on how things are going.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such a great job with her Courtney! I think what you're doing is incredible, she really is a blank canvas that you get to paint.

    ReplyDelete