Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Wonderful Rainy Day

Well the first thing I thought was uh oh I was planning on having a yard sale this weekend...bummer I am thinking that is not going to happen seeing as it is suppose to rain for the next several days. So I will just go with the flow there and see what happens.



I then moved forward to hauling a few horses to their new homes. That is always a wonderful thing to have another horse find a wonderful new home. Yippie!!!!



So last night I attended the meeting for Riverside Recreational Trails and what a wonderful group of people see their site at http://www.rrtrails.com/ they have taken UAWR on as a project to help with fundraising and they are holding a yard sale in the Chino Hills area and have yard sale collections down in the Norco and Chino Hills area for those who would like to help out UAWR. This group has also taken up collections at their rides and have done a wonderful job in supporting UAWR. I wanted to give SPECIAL THANK YOU to Ed who won the Cowboy Poker (I think that is what they called it) he donated a little over half his winnings to UAWR and I thank you soooo much for your kindness and generosity!!!

Everyone try to stay dry in this wonderful winter weather.... hey winter is baaaaaack

1 comment:

  1. Yes, winter is back. Ack. :o) I had just commented to someone that we have been really lucky--very little wind--and then Thursday dawns and the wind blew so hard my tack shed refrigerator (a "usual size" fridge) blew sideways. I drove home to find the fridge door wide open. The good thing is, it was cold enough outside nothing spoiled.

    I did have to retrieve water bottles, though. They blew out of the door rack things.

    Congratulations on the sponsors at RRTrails. Hope you told them about your blog and they tell all their friends ;o) You need more commenters and blog followers.

    Remember, when you have fundraisers like sales and whatnot, you have to plan ahead and get them advertised: flyers, newspaper items, etc.

    ReplyDelete