Friday, February 13, 2009

Today was Mustang Pick Up Day

So my day started bright an early as usual around 5:30am this morning. Most of you know that I have had a horse here that has been battling colic for 5 days and also had 2 rounds of oiling at the vet hospital soooo needless to say I have been spending alot of time running her to the vet hospital and giving shots of meds at late hours of the night and early morning and all that good stuff so sleep has not been in my schedule much these days. Anyway, so first thing this morning I was drawing up the meds to give her morning dose of drugs and in my haste and being half asleep I went to put the cap back on the needle and managed to stab my finger all the way thru my finger and out the other side.... it was LOVELY!!!!! Can I tell you how bad that HURT!!!! Sooooo that was the beginning of my day and I though oh no this is not a good way to start....sooooo in the meantime I think I like jabbed the needle thru the vein that runs down my finger and so can you bruise your veins lol lol or maybe it is the tendon, ligament, whatever who knows....my whole finger is blue and purple now and still hurts really bad!!!! Anyway, that's the end of my whinning lol I will live and hopfully my finger will not fall off... :)

I then took my daughter to school and headed off to Tania's house and I send a HUGE THANK YOU out to Tania for taking time out of her busy day and driving me up to pick up my mustang today since my truck is just not big enough and had bald tires and to make a 2 hour trip I figured it just was not smart to make that trip. We headed out around 8:30am this morning and on the road we were.... we all were a bit concerned about the weather as the reports were that a snow storm was coming in. Well Thankfully we made it there and back home with no problems what a blessing that was!!! You can see in the picture the beautiful skies in route to the BLM Facility in Ridgecrest. By the way the snow storm hit us literally right as we pulled into the driveway at Tania's and were home... Thank you Lord for that wonderful blessing of great weather for our travels.



Upon our arrival we pulled in the drive and snapped a few pics of the facility and I said ohhhhhh I want that stack of hay...what a dream come true that would be!!! I made my way into the office where I had to fill out all the paperwork in order to be able to take my new friend home. I then found out her number was 1980 and then someone from the back room shouted out "That was a GOOD year!" lol soooo our little girl is number 1980. She was captured from Tonapah, Nevada. She was born sometime in 2006 and is said to be a bay with white star but hmmmmm I am not tooo sure about that color thing....You all will have to let me know what you think????? I personally think she is a chestnut but well I will let you all decide. I then made my way outside in the FREEEZING cold and wind in order to get our girl loaded....yippie!!!!!!!
We did see that she is quite the kicker while in the chute waiting to be loaded she was doing some serious kicking to the walls and the chute....loading however was quite uneventful as they generally do they opened up the gates and she flew out of the chute and jumped right into the trailer.... she was very scared and started running around the trailer for a few minutes and was rocking it around quite well. We then got a few pics of her in the trailer and decided we needed to hit the road in order to help calm her down and hopes that she did not kick the crud out of the trailer. Once we got moving she calmed down fairly quickly though and rode all the way home fairly good.


Once we got her home unloading went really well we backed right up to the round pen and once I opened the door she just jumped right off and into the round pen. We then got a bit better look at her and Tania and I both went hmmmm she looks pregnant so now that is the questions is she or is she not in foal....???? Hmmmm well I guess we will have to get her halter broke first to find that one out. She seems to be ok and settling in she is nervous of course but eating and drinking well.




Stay tuned for more updates on what she is doing....

1 comment:

  1. Well, I tore something in my left shoulder, so I join you in the OW OW OW OW department. At least nothing is bleeding and there is no bruising and I DO have "range of motion" and can clean and feed, but I still hurt.

    Ack.

    So, you be careful of her hind feet and don't let her kick you BACK to 1980, figuratively speaking. And yes, she does look a bit, uh, "in foal," but maybe it's just worms and a bad case of hay belly (from all that lovely hay you mentioned).

    Thumb's up to Tania and hope her trailer is okay now that everything is "back where it should be," including you two.

    And yeah, snow. We had a couple of inches. My hay delivery was moved to Saturday but I managed to get chores done before the guy drove in the gate.

    Keep us informed with 1980's progress and with your finger AND the colicky horse. Lordy. And I think I have problems ;oD

    ReplyDelete