Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Sadness, Tears, and Return

Soooo this last week has been quite emotional for me and become somewhat of a blur. Last Saturday one of our beloved friends and truly special horses passed away. Scooter was what I said always was the million dollar horse. He carted around my 6 year old daughter and was the perfect gentleman. Loosing a horse never gets easier for me and when they are a close member of the family it makes it even more difficult. My daughter lost her first horse a year ago Christmas and now once again she looses her beloved friend uggggg. I personally have taken his death very hard and several days later am just getting things rolling in life again. I have slacked off on working with my mustang and basically with everything but again I am getting back on track and getting things done. In fact a friend of mine saw me at the grocery store last night and even said Hi to me and I walked right past and did not even notice he was there wooooooow how scarey is that...

Soooo to anyone out there who I was rude to I AM SORRY!!!!! Please forgive me my brain was not where it was suppose to be.... I am ready to talk now though lol..... anyway it took me several days to even get to a place to tell you all about him but here we are.....

Last but not least if anyone can help make a donation in Scooters name to help cover the hauling costs for him we had to put out $190 that was not expected or planned in the budget which is extremely tight right now!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Scooter, one of the good guys, going over The Bridge. It is never easy to lose a good friend, but at least he knew a happy home with you at UAWR. I read Joe Shelton's blog this morning and he has a young filly named Phoenix that is going to spend some time with him and then he will call his vet to help her on her way. Again, not an easy decision to make, but one that is made with compassion. Same as the decision you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you have lots of other things to do, but I'd like an update on your blog--how is the mustang project going? How was the tack sale? What else is new at UAWR? Inquiring minds.

    ReplyDelete