Friday, May 1, 2009

The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh away...blessed be The Lord

OK so tonight is my night to preach just cause it applies and I got the warm and fuzzies and so I am gonna share them with all of you too. Soooooooooo a friend of mine sends me this verse:

The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh away...blessed be The Lord Job 1:21

So I go and look it up in my Bible which is really cool cause it is called Hope for Today Bible and for many of the verses they put a "Hope Note" and elaborate more on that particular verse and well there was a Hope Note for this one and here is what it says:

As you read Job's story think about new seasons of increase. It's easy to get stuck in a rut to where we're not expecting anything better, we're not growing, and we're not pressing forward. That's when those negative thoughts come telling us we've reached our limits, and we're never going to accomplish our goals. We start telling ourselves that it's all downhill from here.
But don't ever believe those lies. God is a God of increase, not decrease. He never wants us to go backwards, only forwards. Well, you say, "But Job said, "The Lord Gives and The Lord takes away." And yes, that's true. But when it was all said and done, Job ended up with twice what he had before. God restored him back double. And sure, there are seasons were we are not seeing a lot of growth, seasons where we have to dig our heels in and fight the good fight of faith. But I can sense in my spirit that we are entering into new seasons of increase and favor. But you have to do your part and let that seed of hope take root. You have to believe that no matter what's comes against you, no matter how unfair things seem to be, God is shifting things in your favor. Every setback is simply a setup for comeback. God not only wants to bring you out, He wants to bring you out better off then you were before.


I will not get to deep into things cause more is to come as life continues to play out but I will leave you with the comment of our recent setbacks I can see now are just a setup for a COME BACK!!!! :D Blessed be the Lord I am COMING BACK!!! (Better then ever before by the way lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment