Friday, May 1, 2009

Mustang Update

Ok soooo speaking of coming back.... are you sick of me yet.... I don't post for weeks at a time and now all in one night I am on post 3 or 4 lol ok sooo I finally got my computer to log into the blog and allow me to write soooo I am running with it while I can.

Sooooo, I know you are all wondering what is up with the Mustangs. It is with great sadness I report that we will NOT be competing in Norco. I do not feel they are ready or could handle the stress and commotion of the competition. There just has not been enough progress with having the baby and mom being so possessive of her. Mom is relaxing a bit more now but we only have 2 weeks left in the competition and I do not feel it is safe for mom and baby to push them that hard in order to have them "ready" for the competition. So mom, baby, and I are all regretfully bowing out of the competition which saddens me but really the safety of mom and baby are the most important.

So you ask what happens to them now? They are being transferred into the Mustang Heritage's Trainer Incentive Program (TIP) which means they will stay here with me for another 90 days and continue their training while I find them an adoptive home. So if anyone is interested in adopting these two please let me know and I can give you more information about it. They will be adopted thru the BLM so you will have to abide by their standard rules and guidelines as the BLM requirements and they do retain ownership for one year and then you can apply for title at that time. For questions or more info email me and I will answer those questions.



1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the Ride for UAWR was a success, and from your descriptions of the food, you might consider having a WALK for UAWR Riders to burn off some of those calories (;o)

    I gained three pounds just reading about the food. Regarding the carrot cake, just think of it as health food for your eyes. Carrot cake is one of my favorites.

    As for the Mustang Challenge, it's too bad you have to drop out, but no one can blame you. Trying to work with a wild horse that has "protective mom" added to the mix is impossible, especially if you have other things on your own plate as well.

    Seems to me the Challenge people need to be more organized so everyone starts--and STAYS--on an even playing field. Why not provide every competitor with a gelding, for example.

    However, a lot of organizers in these things are "big fish in little ponds" and don't think ahead or plan very well. And as The Big Cheese, they do not welcome discussion.

    I've only been involved with one Norco-based activity and after two years I decided not to volunteer again. I'm not saying the Mustang Challenge follows the "Management by Control Freak" school, but that's what I experienced. And then, of course, because there are willing "gluttons for punishment" volunteers, the operation is a success and the head of the program takes all the credit.

    Glad you're back posting. I check daily and was happy to see three (count 'em: THREE!) posts today.

    ReplyDelete